ALAMANCE COUNTY POST WINTER STORM INFORMATION UPDATE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
In the wake of a recent winter storm which caused severe damages to personal property and businesses throughout Alamance County, the Office of Emergency Management offers the following information for its residents;
- Debris Clean-up
- A pair of groups has arrived in the County to assist in debris clean-up. Mainly focusing on the elderly, uninsured or those who are unable to handle debris for themselves, Samaritan’s Purse and NC Baptist Men are offering to assist qualifying residents at no charge.
- Samaritan’s Purse representatives can be contacted at Fellowship Baptist Church; 336-227-6176.
- NC Baptist Men have established a base at First Baptist Church in Mebane. They can be reached at 828-461-1631.
- Damage Assessment
- The Office of Emergency Management is currently receiving assistance from the Amateur Radio Emergency Services in collecting data of residential structural damage cost incurred by the storm.
- We encourage residents that received structural damages, and haven’t already reported those, to contact our office; 336-570-4090 or 336-570-4091.
The Office of Emergency Management continues to assess damages in cooperation with state and federal emergency officials, and will continue to update residents and the media as additional information becomes available.
Follow-up media questions can be directed to:
David Leonard, Alamance County Emergency Management Coordinator, 336-227-1365 or
Kirk Puckett, Emergency Management Coordinator, Alamance County Sheriff’s Department, 336-266-4108.