Photo courtesy of the Mebane Enterprise.
Welcome to the Alamance County Commissioners Website. Here, you can access information about the Commissioners, their meetings, ordinances, and other boards of service for Alamance County.
Alamance County Board of Commissioners
The county’s governing body is the Alamance County Board of Commissioners which is a five-member Board of Commissioners elected at-large. Commissioners serve four-year terms and elections are held in November of even-numbered years. Pursuant to N.C. General Statutes, Commissioners take their oaths of office on the first Monday in December and elect a chairman and vice chairman.
Board Responsibilities & Duties
- Adoption of the annual budget
- Establishment of the tax rate
- Appointment of County Manager as Chief Administrator
- Establishing and enacting local ordinances which are administered by the County Manager and his/her staff
- Appointment of representatives to boards and commissions
The Commissioners regularly meet on the first Monday mornings at 9:00 a.m. and the third Monday nights of each month at 7:00 p.m. The schedule is subject to change due to holidays. The meetings are held in the Commissioners’ Meeting Room located on the 2nd floor of the Alamance County Office Building, 124 West Elm Street, Graham, NC 27253. The meetings are open to the public and everyone is encouraged to attend.