Click on the links below to see the current fee schedule:
To download the complete fee schedule click the link below.
- Permits Not Valid. No building, electrical, plumbing mechanical miscellaneous or other permit issued by the Department of Inspections shall be valid unless all fees as prescribed by this ordinance shall have been paid to Alamance County.
- Work Commenced Prior To Obtaining Permits. In all cases where building, construction, electrical, plumbing, mechanical or other work for which a permit is required is commenced before such permit is obtained, except where specific permission is granted to proceed by the Inspections Department, any permit fee due Alamance County for a permit for such work shall be twice the amount of the regular permit fee specified herein which would have been due had such permit been obtained prior to commencing work.
- Transferable. In some cases, permit fees may be transferred from one permit to another. Permit fees are not refundable.
- Time Limitation. All permits expire six months after the date of issuance if the authorized work has not commenced. After commencement of work, if work is discontinued for a period of twelve months, the permit expires. If no inspection has been requested within a twelve-month period, it shall be presumed that work has stopped and the permit has expired.
- Corrections. When an installation has been determined to contain violations, corrections shall be made within an 11 day period. When said violations are not corrected within an 11 day time period, the Inspections Department shall not issue other permits to the responsible party for said violations until said corrections are made. Extended time may be granted upon written request to the Inspections Department if deemed necessary.
- Gas piping fees. When a fee is charged for gas-fired appliances, a separate gas-piping fee shall not be required as long as the gas-piping and appliance are ready for inspection at the same time. Appliance shall mean any gas connected appliance or any gas outlet provided for future appliance connection.
- Notification of inspection results shall be left at the job site.