Alamance County Landfill has recently started an electronics recycling program at the Convenience Center located at the Landfill.
Household electronics only. Normal tipping fees apply.
We accept just about anything that plugs into the wall! Below is a brief sampling of items that we recycle.
- Computers / Monitors / CPUs / Laptops / Peripherals (Keyboard, Mouse, etc.)
- Televisions / Microwaves / Toaster Ovens
- Printers / Scanners / Fax Machines
- Cell Phones / Pagers / PDAs
- Rechargeable and Lithium Batteries
- DVD/CD/VHS Players/Recorders / Stereos
- Cameras / Camcorders / Video Game Systems
- Typewriters / Calculators / Paper Shredders
- Other small household items/appliances:
- Fans / Space Heaters
- Hair dryers / Irons
- Vacuum Cleaners / Blenders
- Power Tools
- Remote Control Toys
- Cords / Cables / Chargers
There are also various electronics recycling programs offered by manufacturers and retailers. There is more information on those programs on the Manufacturers' Recycling Programs and Retailers' Recycling Programs pages .