ALAMANCE COUNTY LANDFILL
We are committed to the best management of the county's solid waste through education, recycling and proper disposal in order to protect the environment. The county landfill is the state permitted facility to accept the county's solid waste. We strive to provide services in a cost effective and safe manner. We are diligent in providing a safe and productive work environment to promote respect amongst staff and to encourage all staff members to develop their full potential.
The following values represent the primary principles that guide the landfill and its staff. These values serve to direct our daily activities as we fulfill our mission.
- Excellence Employee performance in a superior fashion with the highest integrity while continually making improvements to our services and exceeding the highest expectation of our customers and county commissioners.
- Integrity Performing activities consistent with policy and regulation and in a manner that is morally right and good and being honest with our customers and each other.
- Accountable Obligated to be responsible and answerable for our performance.
- Efficiency Conducting our daily activities in a competent, responsive and productive manner while using our resources wisely.
- Leadership Commitment to service our customers and the landfill mission over ourselves while taking initiative to work creatively and with each other.
- Environmental Carry out our activities in a manner that protects the environment.
- Safety is an utmost concern and is emphasized for employees, customers and equipment.
- Financial Operate in a manner that continues the strong viability of the landfill while charging reasonable tipping fees and the use of any local tax supplement.
- Teamwork Employees showing flexibility, cooperation and commitment to the mission and to each other.
- Customer Service Strive for excellence to show we value and appreciate our customers whether at the landfill or in the community by being responsive and helpful.
- Rule Compliance Conscientiously comply with all appropriate county, state and local rules and regulations strengthening our overall operations.
- Longevity and Compaction Extend the life of the landfill as long as possible by recycling, proper separation of materials and effective compaction of waste.
- Education Communicate with our customers on existing and any new policies, ordinances, rules and regulations applying to recycling, solid waste and the landfill.