Community Alternatives Program (CAP)
The Community Alternatives Program for Disabled Adults (CAP/DA) allows elderly and disabled adults to receive care and services in their home, to keep them from having to go into a nursing home. This program is paid through Medicaid.
Who can receive CAP/DA?
- Live in Alamance County
- Eligible to receive Medicaid
- Physician's written authorization that they need nursing home care
- Chosen to stay at home, rather than enter a nursing home
- Have their health and safety needs met at home
- Have family members or friends who also help them
What services can CAP/DA Provide?
- Screening and Assessment
- Adult Day Health Care
- Aids to help the adult move around; for example, grab bars or wheelchair ramps
- Telephone Alert Lifeline
- Case Management
- In-Home Aide Services
- Respite Care either at home or in a nursing home
- Meals on Wheels
- Skilled nursing visits
- Some medical supplies not covered under Medicaid