Adult Day Care
Adult Day Care is for adults who may need supervision while caretakers work, who are in need of social activities outside of the home or for various other reasons. These services are provided in licensed Adult Day Care homes or centers. This is a group setting.
Adults may receive Day Care services if:
1. They can walk without assistance, or can move about with a cane, walker, or wheelchair.
2. They can use the toilet without help from others.
3. They are able to enjoy and participate in group activities.
4. They are able to feed themselves.
5. They can follow simple directions.
There is limited money through the state to help with day care expenses for adults who need assistance. Please contact Department of Social Services for more information on how to apply for this assistance.