If you are indoors:
- Secure outdoor objects, such as lawn furniture, that could blow away or cause damage or injury.
- Listen to a battery-operated radio or television for the latest storm information.
- Do not handle any electrical equipment or telephones, because lightning could follow the wire. Television sets are particularly dangerous at this time. Use telephones ONLY in an emergency.
- Do not take a bath or shower. Metal pipes can transmit electricity.
- Turn off air conditioners. Power surges from lightning can overload the compressors.