Give Kids A Smile Scheduled for February 1
Appointment scheduling begins January 14
The Alamance County Children’s Dental Clinic and the Alamance-Caswell Dental Society will be commemorating National Children’s Dental Access Day with the 11th Annual Give Kids A Smile event on February 1. Scheduling for the free Give Kids A Smile dental appointments will begin Tuesday, January 14 and will end Thursday, January 16. There are a limited number of appointments available, and those interested should call 336-221-1267 between 9:00 a.m. and noon or from 2:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
In order to be eligible for the Give Kids A Smile event, a child must meet the following criteria:
- Be in preschool – 8th grade
- Reside in Alamance County or Caswell County
- Reside in a family that has financial need
- Have no dental insurance OR be enrolled in Medicaid or Health Choice BUT does not have a regular dentist.
Give Kids A Smile provides an opportunity for children without dental insurance to receive free dental services. The event began in 2003, and since that time, participating dentists have performed more than $1 million in free dental services for children in Alamance and Caswell counties.
“This event continues to grow each year,” says Give Kids A Smile coordinator, Margaret Hooper. “This year, three and four year olds will be able to make appointments for free screenings on the Colgate Dental Van by a pediatric dentist. This is a wonderful opportunity for children who would otherwise not receive dental services to get the care they need.”
The Alamance County Children’s Dental Clinic is located at 1914 McKinney Street in Burlington.
GIVE KIDS A SMILE (GKAS) FACT SHEET:
- 97 children received dental exams in 2013 through GKAS event
- 573 dental procedures were provided in 2013 through GKAS event
- 54 children were adopted by an area dental provider for further treatment at no cost in 2013 through the GKAS event
- 73 volunteers participated in the 2013 GKAS event