All photos must meet the new 2016 U.S. Passport Agency Photo Requirements (travel.state.gov). On the home page, in the right corner Search Bar, type in Passport Photos for 55 pages of examples and instructions.
Please note some requirements are:
- Photo Size 2″x2″ with a head size 1″ to 1 3/8″. Your head from top of hair to chin must be within the solid line on the passport application template yet not be smaller than dotted line.
- Submit a clear, color photo with a full front view of your face.
- NO GLASSES. Eyes must be visible with no dark shadows around eyes. Do not close your eyes – pupils and iris must be seen.
- SMILES: You can have a natural smile but exaggerated smiles are NOT allowed.
- White / Off-White background with no shadows or objects in the background of the photo or distorted facial colors. Any faded facial coloring (over-exposures) may cause the scanned picture to be distorted.
- No uniforms or camouflage clothing.
- No headbands, no large hair ornaments or caps.
- HAIR can be anyway you wish, except not too high on top of your head.
- No bangs below the eyebrows that may obscure the eyes.
CAUTION: Not all photo establishments (especially pharmacies) adhere to U.S. Passport Regulations and any photo that does not meet the U.S. Passport requirements may be rejected AND your Federal passport processing could be significantly delayed.