The Altamahaw Paddle Access is the most northern Alamance County paddle access point. It is located off of NC Hwy 87 North just past the Altamahaw-Ossipee Elementary School.
The park grounds include designated picnic and fishing areas as well as the paddle access points for the Haw River Paddle Trail.
Please visit us here for more information about this section of the Haw River Paddle Trail.
2296 NC Hwy N. 87
Elon, NC 27244
Current Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Park Gate is locked at closing time. Do not leave your vehicle parked at a trailhead after the posted closing time.
Park rules are enforced by the Alamance County Sheriff’s Department. In case of emergency call 911.
The following actions are prohibited:
• Possession or Use of Alcohol or Illegal Drugs
• Setting Fires Outside of Fire Rings or Grills
• Littering or Defacing of County Property
• Possession of Weapons in Violation of State Law
• Solicitation or Advertising of Any Kind
• Failure to Have Pets on a Leash
• Removal of Plants or Other Natural Materials
• Fishing from Boat Launch Area
• Use of Motor Vehicles Outside of Parking Area
• Riding of Bikes or Horses on Trails