In Spring 2007, George and Jerrie Nall donated 2 acres of riverside property in memory of their son, Steven Keith Nall, for use as a paddle access and educational focal point of the Haw River Trail. Now Alamance County residents and visitors of the historic Glencoe Mill Village can learn about conservation and recreation opportunities on the Haw River while enjoying the river first hand. The highly visible property serves as a trailhead for the Haw River Trail, which is also part of the Mountains-to-Sea Trail network, and expands access to the Haw River Paddle Trail. Activities at the Glencoe Paddle Access include picnicking, fishing, paddling, and hiking.
Visit us here for more information about this section of the Haw River Trail.
Paddle Access Hours: 8:00am - 8:00pm
Park gate is locked at closing time. Do not leave your vehicle parked at a trailhead after the posted closing time.
Park rules are enforced by the Alamance County Sheriff’s Department. In case of emergency call 911.
The following actions are prohibited:
• Possession or Use of Alcohol or Illegal Drugs
• Setting Fires Outside of Fire Rings or Grills
• Littering or Defacing of County Property
• Possession of Weapons in Violation of State Law
• Solicitation or Advertising of Any Kind
• Failure to Have Pets on a Leash
• Removal of Plants or Other Natural Materials
• Fishing from Boat Launch Area
• Use of Motor Vehicles Outside of Parking Area
• Riding of Bikes or Horses on Trails