Park is open 7 days a week, 8:00am-7:00pm
The Island Trail Now Open!
Great Bend Park at Glencoe features 30 wooded acres along the Haw River which offers spectacular views from the hiking trails and fishing areas. Picnicing, fishing, hiking and paddle access points are available. The park is also a part of the Haw River Trail/Mountains-to-Sea Trail.
Please visit us here for more information about this section of the Haw River Paddle Trail.
Park Hours: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Park Gate is locked at closing time. Do not leave your vehicle parked at a trailhead after the posted closing time.
The Island Trail is Now Open!
Park rules are enforced by the Alamance County Sheriff’s Department. In case of emergency call 911.
The following actions are prohibited:
• Possession or Use of Alcohol or Illegal Drugs
• Setting Fires Outside of Fire Rings or Grills
• Littering or Defacing of County Property
• Possession of Weapons in Violation of State Law
• Solicitation or Advertising of Any Kind
• Failure to Have Pets on a Leash
• Removal of Plants or Other Natural Materials
• Fishing from Boat Launch Area
• Use of Motor Vehicles Outside of Parking Area
• Riding of Bikes or Horses on Trails