The paddle access to the Haw River located on Saxapahaw Lake is one of the most peaceful and scenic spots in Alamance County. The almost 90-acre lake provides a great spot for family-friendly canoe and kayak paddling, fishing, and observing nature. Gasoline powered boats are not allowed to access the river from the location. The Saxapahaw Dam is located approximately 400 yards downstream so boaters must use caution when entering. The access gate opens and closes seasonally. Please call 336-229-2229 for hours and other information.
Please visit us here for more information of this section of the Haw River Paddle Trail.
6096 Jordan Drive
Graham, NC 27253
Current Hours: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Park Gate is locked at closing time. Do not leave your vehicle parked at a trailhead after the posted closing time.
Park rules are enforced by the Alamance County Sheriff’s Department. In case of emergency call 911.
The following actions are prohibited:
• Possession or Use of Alcohol or Illegal Drugs
• Setting Fires Outside of Fire Rings or Grills
• Littering or Defacing of County Property
• Possession of Weapons in Violation of State Law
• Solicitation or Advertising of Any Kind
• Failure to Have Pets on a Leash
• Removal of Plants or Other Natural Materials
• Fishing from Boat Launch Area
• Use of Motor Vehicles Outside of Parking Area
• Riding of Bikes or Horses on Trails