VA can pay you monthly compensation if you are at least 10% disabled as a result of your military service.
You can receive a monthly pension if you are a wartime veteran with limited income, and you are permanently and totally disabled or at least 65 years old.
VA provides a number of health care services.
- Pharmacy ($8.00 per 30 day prescription)
Dependents & Survivors:
DIC is payable to survivors of service members who die on active duty or veterans who die from a service connected disability.
Death Pension is payable to some surviving spouse and children of deceased wartime veterans.
DIC is payable to some surviving parents based on financial need.
- Headstones and markers: are furnished to mark the grave of an eligible veteran.
- Burial Flag: VA provides a flag to drape the casket of an eligible veteran.
- Burial in a National Cemetery: Most veterans and some dependents can be buried in a National Cemetery.
- Reimbursement of Burial Expenses: VA can pay up to $2,000 for veterans who die of a service connected condition. For other veteran in receipt of benefits VA can pay up to $600.