FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 9/25/18
Alamance County Government
Contact: Emily Ball, Assistant Solid Waste Director 336-376-0411
Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day
The Alamance County Landfill will host a household hazardous waste collection day on Saturday, October 13, 2018 from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm in the parking lot of Holly Hill Mall.
The following is a general list of materials that will be accepted:
- Household cleaners, drain solvents, toilet bowl cleaners, oven cleaners, disinfectants
- Solvents, thinners, shellacs, varnishes, sealers, wood preservatives
- Automotive products including brake fluid, antifreeze, used motor oil up to 5 gallons per customer, motor oil filters, gasoline
- Pesticides and insecticides including poisons, aerosols, weed killers
- Miscellaneous materials such as acids, bases, kerosene, lead-based and electronic batteries, photographic chemicals, swimming pool chemicals, mercury, fluorescent light tubes
- Latex and oil-based paint and spray paint
- Propane Cylinders – (Grill and camp size ONLY)
Materials not acceptable for collection include:
- radioactives/smoke detectors
- medical waste including sharps
This free rain or shine collection event is for Alamance County residents only. No waste from businesses or commercial sources will be accepted. Members of the agricultural community are encouraged to participate in the event.
If you have any questions regarding this event please call the Alamance County Landfill at 376-8902 or visit the website at https://www.alamance-nc.com/landfill/.