County Government Academy Spring Kick-Off 2019
Now Accepting Applications
Alamance County will kick-off the 2019 Spring County Government Academy on Tuesday, March 12th, 2019. The County Government Academy gives participants a behind the scenes look at the county’s responsibilities and the vital role that county government plays in the community. Join us in learning how your tax dollars are spent!
The academy will run for 10 consecutive Tuesdays from 6:00-8:30pm (the County Landfill session will start at 3:00pm-5:00pm) at various county departments starting on March 12th and concluding on May 14th.
- March 12th – Orientation, Clerk to the Board, County Manager, & Group Exercise
- March 19th – Planning, Tax Administration, & Register of Deeds
- March 26th – Public Safety: Sheriff’s Office, Jail Tour
- April 2nd – Developmental & Technical Services: Inspections and Recreation & Parks
- April 9th – Human Services: Environmental Health, Public Health, and Social Services
- April 16th – Agricultural & Horticulture Services: Cooperative Extension, Food Sciences Cooking Demonstration & Soil & Water Conservation
- April 23rd – Emergency Services (Part 1): Emergency Management & Central Communications
- April 30th – Emergency Services (Part 2): Fire Marshal & Emergency Medical Services
- May 7th – Solid Waste Management (3:00-5:00pm)*
- May 14th – Geographic Information System, Human Resources, & Info Technology
- May 20th – Meet & Greet w/ County Commissioners followed by Graduation/Recognition
Class size is limited and academy slots are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Participants are asked to commit to attending every session.