Now Accepting Applications
Alamance County Government will kick-off the 2019 Fall County Government Academy on Tuesday, September 10th, 2019. The County Government Academy gives participants a behind the scenes look at the county’s responsibilities and the vital role that county government plays in the community. Join us in learning how your tax dollars are spent!
The academy will run for 10 consecutive Tuesdays from 6:00-8:30pm (the County Landfill session will start at 3:00pm-5:00pm) at various county departments starting on September 10th and concluding on November 12th.
- September 10th – Orientation, Clerk to the Board, County Manager, & Group Exercise
- September 17th – Agricultural & Horticulture Services: Cooperative Extension, Food Sciences Cooking Demonstration & Soil & Water Conservation
- September 24th – Public Safety: Sheriff’s Office
- October 1st – Developmental & Technical Services: GIS, Inspections, IT and Recreation & Parks
- October 8th – Human Services: Environmental Health, Public Health, and Social Services
- October 15th – Register of Deeds, Planning, & Tax Administration
- October 22nd – Emergency Services (Part 1): Fire Marshal & Central Communications
- October 29th – Emergency Services (Part 2): Emergency Management & Emergency Medical Services
- November 5th – Solid Waste Management (3:00-5:00pm)*
- November 12th – Burlington-Alamance Airport Tour
- November 18th – Meet & Greet w/ County Commissioners followed by Graduation/Recognition
Class size is limited and academy slots are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Participants are asked to commit to attending every session. Application forms are available online at: http://www.alamance-nc.com/countygovacademy. For more information, please call 336-570-4042 or email: email@example.com.