NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON WHETHER THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS FOR THE COUNTY OF ALAMANCE, NORTH CAROLINA SHOULD APPROVE A PROPOSED INSTALLMENT FINANCING AGREEMENT TO FINANCE A PORTION OF THE COST OF VARIOUS PROJECTS.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN of a public hearing to be held at 7:00 P.M., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, on May 18, 2020 for the purpose of considering whether the Board of Commissioners (the “Board”) for the County of Alamance, North Carolina (the “County”) should approve a proposed installment financing agreement and certain related documents pursuant to G.S. § 160A-20, as amended, for the purpose of providing approximately $2,200,000, together with other available funds, for the construction and other accomplishment of the Project hereinafter described. The County would secure the repayment by it of moneys advanced pursuant to such proposed agreement by granting a security interest in a portion of the Project and certain related property.
The Project consists of (i) renovating, repairing, equipping and improving the County’s jail facilities, (ii) renovating, repairing, equipping and improving the County’s emergency medical services garage, (iii) renovating, repairing, equipping and improving the County’s courthouse facilities and family justice center and (iv) renovating, repairing, equipping and improving the County’s human services center.
Public Access – Pursuant to Section 166A-19.24of the North Carolina General Statutes and the Governor’s Executive Order No. 121, which places limits on mass gatherings to 10 persons or less, and in order to ensure the health and safety of the Board, staff and general public, access to the public hearing is available in the following 3 ways:
- Our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/AlamanceCountyNC) will display the live commissioners meeting.
- Our Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/AlamanceCounty/) will have a post to the live commissioners meeting.
- There will also be a link on the county home page (https://www.alamance-nc.com) above the banner that will say “Click Here to watch Live Commissioners Meeting.”
Written Public Comments – Written comments regarding the proposed financing of the Project or any matter related thereto may be submitted on or before 9:00 P.M. on May 19, 2020 using any of the following options:
- Public comment forms are available on the Alamance County website (https://www.alamance-nc.com) and may be submitted online.
- Written comments may be emailed to Tory M. Frink, Clerk to the Board, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Written comments may be mailed to Tory M. Frink, Clerk to the Board, at Tory M. Frink, Clerk to the Board, County of Alamance, North Carolina 124 W. Elm Street, Graham, North Carolina 27253.
Oral Public Comments – Additionally, persons wishing to submit their public comments orally during the meeting, may do so by telephone. These persons must provide the Clerk to the Board with their name, address, topic to be discussed, and telephone number by calling 336-290-0403 and leaving a message no later than 12:00 P.M. on May 18th. Then at the appropriate time during the Commissioners’ meeting on May 18th at 7:00 P.M. the citizen will be called to submit their comments verbally by phone.
Tory M. Frink
Clerk to the Board of Commissioners
for the County of Alamance, North Carolina