PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Alamance County Board of Commissioners’ Regular Meeting is scheduled for Monday, June 1, 2020 at 9 a.m. in the County Commissioners’ Meeting Room located on the 2nd Floor of the County Office Building, 124 West Elm Street, Graham, NC 27253.
The health and safety of its residents continues to be the highest priority of Alamance County. Under the Governor’s Executive Order 141 Section 7, governmental operations are exempt from the prohibition on Mass Gatherings. However, in order to follow the Governor’s Recommendations to Promote Social Distancing and Reduce Transmission, there is no meeting place where members of the public can safely be physically present. In order to ensure the health and safety of the Board, staff and general public, access to the regular meeting is available in the following 3 ways:
- Our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/AlamanceCountyNC) will display the live commissioners meeting.
- Our Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/AlamanceCounty/) will have a post to the live commissioners meeting.
- There will also be a link on the county home page (https://www.alamance-nc.com) above the banner that will say “Click Here to watch Live Commissioners Meeting”
Pursuant to Executive Order 141 Section 4, press will be permitted to attend.
Public Comments – On Sunday, May 31st from 12pm to 9pm citizens are encouraged to submit or register for public comments for the June 1st 9 a.m. County Commissioners’ meeting by two optional ways:
- A public comment form will be available on the Alamance County website for any persons wishing to submit written comments prior to the start of the meeting. These written comments will be entered into the record and minutes at the June 1st Regular Meeting.; or
- Persons wishing to participate in public comments by telephone must provide the Clerk to the Board with their name, address, topic to be discussed, and telephone number by calling 336-290-0403 and leaving a message. Then at the appropriate time during the Commissioners’ meeting on June 1st at 9 a.m. the citizen will be called to submit their comments verbally by phone.
All County policies regarding the 3 minute limit per comment and number of public comments in the 30 minute period will apply. A copy of this Notice shall be posted on the bulletin board located outside of the Commissioners’ Meeting Room on the 2nd Floor of the County Office Building. A copy of the Notice shall be sent to all parties who have requested and receive notification of any changes in the Commissioners’ Regular Meeting schedule.
This 28th day of May 2020.