DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER. The Alamance County Clerk’s Office will open Friday (1/21) at 10:00 am. District Court will begin at 11:00 am.
Effective 8/23/2021 medical screeners will be stationed in front of all courthouses. Any medical issues shall be presented to the screeners who will submit to the judge in the courtroom. Continuances for medical reasons must be brought to a judge and shall not be granted by the Clerk’s Office or the District Attorney’s Office. See our latest administrative order for details.
Effective 7/21/2021 all persons entering Alamance County Courthouse facilities will be required to wear a facemask pursuant to the latest administrative order entered by Senior Resident Superior Court Judge, D. Thomas Lambeth Jr. and Chief District Court Judge, Bradley Reid Allen Sr.
CASES OF PUBLIC INTEREST
Please visit the following link for all information related to our cases of public interest: https://www.nccourts.gov/locations/alamance-county/alamance-county-cases-of-public-interest
The Alamance County Clerk’s Office will begin new hours of operation from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm beginning June 1, 2020.
- Estate and Special Proceedings matters will be handled by appointment only. You may call or email Estates (336) 570-5204 Alamance.Estates@nccourts.org) and Special Proceedings (336) 570-5206 Alamance.SpecialProceedings@nccourts.org) to set up an appointment.
- Please continue to use our division emails and phone number to contact us in regard to any case and we will be happy to help.
- Attorneys are encouraged to file any filings by mail or use the secure drop boxes located outside the public entry to each Clerk’s Office.
NOW AVAILABLE! eCourts Guide & File a free online service to help users prepare court documents to file for certain case types.
Guide & File Case Types Available
- Absolute Divorce
- Adult Name Change
- Domestic Violence Protective Order
- Motion to Claim Exempt Property
- Petition to Proceed as an Indigent
- Year’s Allowance
- Summary Administration
- Small Estate Administration
- Small Claims
- Money Owed
- Repossession of Personal Property
- Summary Ejectment
- Complaint in Summary Ejectment
- Tenant’s Answer and Counterclaims
- Appeal to District Court
Link to eCourts Guide & File Fact Sheet