COURT IS BACK IN SESSION
Masks are required to be worn in the courthouses unless exempt for medical reasons.
Please do not come to the courthouse if you are exhibiting any flu-like symptoms including fever or if you have had contact with anyone who has been confirmed as having COVID-19. You may call our main number at (336) 570-5200 to speak with someone about your matter over the phone.
Please see the May 27, 2020 Administrative Order and Memorandum for detailed guidance for Alamance County Court operations beginning June 1, 2020.
The Alamance County Clerk’s Office will begin new hours of operation from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm beginning June 1, 2020.
- Estate and Special Proceedings matters will be handled by appointment only. You may call or email Estates (336-570-5332 Alamance.Estates@nccourts.org) and Special Proceedings (336-570-5300 Alamance.SpecialProceedings@nccourts.org) to set up an appointment.
- Please continue to use our division emails and phone number to contact us in regard to any case and we will be happy to help.
- Attorneys are encouraged to file any filings by mail or use the secure drop boxes located outside the public entry to each Clerk’s Office.
If you need assistance with the Alamance County Clerk of Court, please call (336) 570-5200 or you may direct questions to any of the following departmental emails:
|Clerk of Court||Alamance.Clerk@nccourts.org|
|Special Proceedings Confidential||Alamance.SP.Confidential@nccourts.org|
DISTRICT CRIMINAL COURT
DISTRICT CRIMINAL COURT
- Beginning June 1, 2020, Court will begin at 9:00 am DAILY.
- Pro se defendants (defendants with no attorneys) will be scheduled for 9:00 am daily.
- COURTROOM A
- The docket will be held in Courtroom A (Judge J. B. Allen, Jr., Criminal Courthouse) with Courtroom B as overflow.
- On Wednesdays, Courtroom A’s docket will be held in the Historic Courthouse (1 Court Square, Graham NC 27253).
- COURTROOM B
- The docket will be held in the Historic Courthouse (1 Court Square, Graham NC 27253).
- FIRST APPEARANCES
- First appearances will be held in Courtroom A daily at 2:00 pm, Monday – Friday.
- PRIVATE WARRANT COURT/MEDIATION (FRIDAYS)
- Private Warrant Court will be held in the Historic Courthouse (1 Court Square, Graham NC 27253) beginning at 9:00 am – 12:30 pm.
- Private Warrant Court/Trials before a Judge (first Friday of each Month set for Courtroom B) will be held in the Historic Courthouse (1 Court Square, Graham NC 27253) from 9:00 am -12:30 pm.
- FAILURE TO APPEARS (FTA’S)
- All FTA’s from December 1, 2019, through the present (that are not connected to a DWI case) have been stricken and those cases have been recalendared for hearing. Please see Chief District Court Judge Bradley Reid Allen, Sr’s Failure to Appear 12.1.19 – 5.31.20 Admin Order for more information.
- ORDERS FOR ARREST
- All Orders for arrests for misdemeanors (M1, M2, and M3) from December 1, 2019, through May 31, 2020, once served and the defendant is presented before the Magistrate will have an unsecured bond. Please see Chief District Court Judge Bradley Reid Allen, Sr’s Order for Arrest 12.1.19 – 5.31.20 Admin Order for more information.
DISTRICT CIVIL COURT
CIVIL DOMESTIC VIOLENCE COURT
- Requests for Domestic Violence Restraining Orders (50B) and Civil No Contact Orders (50C) Court will continue to be heard daily.
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders (50B), Civil No Contact Orders (50C), motions to show cause, motions to modify or set aside, and motions for return of weapons will be heard Mondays at 9:30 a.m. in the Civil Courts Annex Building (126 West Elm Street, Graham NC 27253) in Courtroom 3.
CIVIL DISTRICT COURT
Calendar Call for Civil Trial Calendars
- Attorneys are to email Sandy Cobb Cassandra.L.Cobb@nccourts.org and Meredith Giannotti Meredith.S.Giannotti@nccourts.org no later than 5:00 pm on Tuesday before the scheduled Wednesday calendar call to inform them of details regarding their matters.
- Pro-Se parties (parties representing themselves) are to appear in court for the Wednesday calendar call at 9:30 a.m., at the Civil Courts Annex Building at 126 West Elm Street, Graham NC 27253.
- Motions will begin each Wednesday at 9:45 a.m., in the Civil Courts Annex Building at 126 West Elm Street , Graham NC 27253.
- Some matters may be heard virtually via WebEx. Contact Sandy Cobb Cassandra.L.Cobb@nccourts.org and Meredith Giannotti Meredith.S.Giannotti@nccourts.org to determine if your matter may be heard virtually.
- A schedule will be distributed to attorneys and the public by Monday morning preceding the motions calendar of what time their motion will called for hearings to maintain social distancing.
Juvenile Abuse Neglect & Dependency Court
- Hearings will be conducted via WebEx on a weekly basis except for the first seven-day hearings which will be conducted in person. Having WebEx hearings versus in-person hearings will be reevaluated on a month to month basis.
Juvenile Delinquency Court
- Please refer to the May 27, 2020, Administrative Order and Memorandum for details regarding Juvenile Delinquency Court
Child Support Enforcement and Establishment Court
- For establishment dates, twenty-five cases will be scheduled in one-hour intervals beginning at 8:30 am until 12:30 pm and again beginning at 2:00 pm through 4:00 pm at the Civil Courts Annex Building, 126 West Elm Street, Graham NC 27253.
- For enforcement dates, twenty-five cases will be scheduled in one-hour intervals beginning at 8:30 am until 12:30 pm and again beginning at 2:00 pm through 4:00 pm at the Civil Courts Annex Building, 126 West Elm Street, Graham NC 27253.
- All defendant will report to Courtroom 3 at their assigned times.
Maintain normal office hours, until further notice. Emails to Sharon Boger are the preferred method of contact, Sharon.M.Boger@nccourts.org. The main number for Superior Court Judges Office is 336-570-5216, voicemails will be checked. Judges will be available by appointment for matters authorized by statute.
Criminal Superior Court
- Non-jury matters will be scheduled by the District Attorney with dockets small enough to allow social distancing within our courtroom space.
- The Alamance County Magistrate’s Office will be open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week and normal operations will continue for Warrants for Arrest, Magistrate’s Orders, Criminal Summons, Initial Appearances, Cash Bonds/Property Bonds, Involuntary Commitment Orders, Juvenile Petitions, and Secured and Non-Secured Custody Orders.
- Weddings will continue to be conducted by the Magistrates Office with restrictions. Individuals should contact the Magistrate’s Office at 336-570-5219 for restrictions and to schedule their appointment.