Masks are required to be worn in the courthouses unless exempt for medical reasons.
Please do not come to the courthouse if you are exhibiting any flu-like symptoms including fever or if you have had contact with anyone who has been confirmed as having COVID-19. You may call our main number at (336) 570-5200 to speak with someone about your matter over the phone.
The Alamance County Clerk’s Office will begin new hours of operation from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm beginning June 1, 2020.
- Estate and Special Proceedings matters will be handled by appointment only. You may call or email Estates (336-570-5332 Alamance.Estates@nccourts.org) and Special Proceedings (336-570-5300 Alamance.SpecialProceedings@nccourts.org) to set up an appointment.
- Please continue to use our division emails and phone number to contact us in regard to any case and we will be happy to help.
- Attorneys are encouraged to file any filings by mail or use the secure drop boxes located outside the public entry to each Clerk’s Office.
If you need assistance with the Alamance County Clerk of Court, please call (336) 570-5200 or you may direct questions to any of the following departmental emails:
|Clerk of Court||Alamance.Clerk@nccourts.org|
|Special Proceedings Confidential||Alamance.SP.Confidential@nccourts.org|
NOW AVAILABLE! eCourts Guide & File a free online service to help users prepare court documents to file for certain case types.
Guide & File Case Types Available
- Absolute Divorce
- Adult Name Change
- Domestic Violence Protective Order
- Motion to Claim Exempt Property
- Petition to Proceed as an Indigent
- Year’s Allowance
- Summary Administration
- Small Estate Administration
- Small Claims
- Money Owed
- Repossession of Personal Property
- Summary Ejectment
- Complaint in Summary Ejectment
- Tenant’s Answer and Counterclaims
- Appeal to District Court
Link to eCourts Guide & File Fact Sheet