Below is the link to the North Carolina Judicia Branch’s North Carolina Divorce Packet which provides information, steps, and forms for getting an Absolute Divorce.

You can also contact Legal Aid NC through their website or call them at (800) 672-5834 to request these forms.

Please be advised of the following:  Clerk’s Office personnel are expressly prohibited by law from offering legal advice, which includes assisting you in any manner regarding the completion of this information packet or determining if this packet is appropriate for your legal situation.  If you have questions regarding your legal rights, child support, custody, distribution of property, spousal support, or any other matter regarding this information packet, it is strongly recommended you seek competent legal counsel to help you.

Please visit “Legal Name Changes” under our Special Proceedings link for more information regarding resuming a maiden name or prior name.