Alamance County Commissioners
- Chair John P. Paisley
- Vice Chair Steve Carter
- Commissioner Bill T. Lashley
- Commissioner Pamela T. Thompson
- Commissioner Craig Turner
Welcome to the Alamance County Commissioners Website. Here, you can access information about the Commissioners, their meetings, ordinances, and other boards of service for Alamance County.
The five-member Board of Commissioners is the governing body of Alamance County. All five Commissioners are elected at large to serve four-year staggered terms. Partisan elections are held in November of even numbered years. Each December, the Board elects its Chair and Vice Chair.
Board Responsibilities & Duties
- Adoption of the annual budget
- Establishment of the tax rate
- Appointment of County Manager as Chief Administrator
- Establishing and enacting local ordinances which are administered by the County Manager and his/her staff
- Appointment of representatives to boards and commissions
The Commissioners regularly meet on the first Monday mornings at 9:30 a.m. and the third Monday nights of each month at 6:30 p.m. The schedule is subject to change due to holidays. The meetings are held in the Commissioners’ Meeting Room located on the 2nd floor of the Alamance County Office Building, 124 West Elm Street, Graham, NC 27253. The meetings are open to the public and everyone is encouraged to attend.