319 North Graham-Hopedale Road Burlington, NC 27217
Phone 336-570-6532

What You Need to Know About Medicaid Expansion

Alamance County Department of Social Services

We partner with individuals, families, and communities to meet the needs of Alamance County citizens. We aim to promote self-sufficiency for individuals and families and prevent the abuse, neglect, and exploitation of vulnerable citizens.

The Medicaid Verifications Email is now available to submit verifications needed to complete Medicaid re-certifications and Medicaid applications. AlamancePLAMedicaid@alamance-nc.com

Crisis Intervention Program (CIP) – We are currently out of funds for this program, and not processing applications. (Updated 7/11/2024)

Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP)(Updated 3/28/2024) We are currently out of funds for this program, and not processing applications.

Economic Services continues to operate under our current COVID-19 procedures. Staff in this department are not currently conducting face-to-face contact with customers, but will continue to accept applications for Energy Assistance.

To Apply: The following procedures are in place:

  • Energy applications and interviews will not be conducted face-to-face.
  • Applications can be picked up at the main entrance of the DSS building, completed via ePass, taken by phone or mailed per customer request.
    • Contact 336-570-6532 to place an application
    • If picking up your application at the DSS building, you must return to your vehicle to complete the application. 
    • Online at ePass
  • Once completed, applications can be returned to Alamance DSS by:
    • Secured drop box located at the main entrance of Social Services (checked throughout the workday.)
    • Mail to 319 N. Graham Hopedale Road Suite C Burlington, NC 27217
    • Email at Myenergyapp@alamance-nc.com
    • Fax at 336-228-2021
  • Additional information can be returned with your application such as income verification (last 4 paystubs if paid weekly, last 2 paystubs if paid biweekly) and energy bill information.

Once your application is received your interview will be conducted by telephone—your application will not be considered valid until an interview has been completed and a signed application received.  You will be contacted by an energy worker for an interview, so please include a valid contact phone number to ensure your interview can be completed.  Once the interview has been completed, your application will be processed.

Per new state policy, you do not have to be at a point of disconnection to apply for services, you only need a past due bill.

To find more information about eligibility and links to print an application in English or Spanish. Click Here.

To inquire if funding is available, please call our information line at 336-229-2974.

Subsidized Child Care Assistance(Updated 3/10/2023)
Alamance County DSS is currently accepting applications for Subsidized Child Care Assistance (SCCA) (Daycare) vouchers. Please click the link below for more information.
Subsidized Child Care Assistance Vouchers Information.

We currently have funding available and are accepting applications for Subsidized Child Care Assistance (SCCA) vouchers. To apply please complete the screening form in either English or Spanish below:

A Child Care Social Worker will contact you within 1-3 business days. If you have any questions, please contact 336-513-4763.

Non-Discrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Under the Food Stamp Act and USDA policy, discrimination is prohibited also on the basis of religion or political beliefs.

To file a complaint of discrimination, contact USDA or HHS. Write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 (voice) or (202) 720-6382 (TTY). Write HHS, Director, Office for Civil Rights, Room 506-F, 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201 or call (202) 619-0403 (voice) or (202) 619-3257 (TTY). USDA and HHS are equal opportunity providers and employers.

Clients have the right to free interpreter services. Los clientes tienen el derecho de los servicios de intérprete gratis.