Programs and Services

Any person who resides in Alamance County, regardless of race, color, or national origin, who needs public assistance or services may apply by calling (336) 570-6532 or by visiting our office at 319 N. Graham-Hopedale Road, Burlington, NC 27217, during the operating hours of 8 am to 5 pm.

If you should need to make a report of child or adult abuse or neglect during the time we are closed, please follow the steps below.

If the situation is an emergency, please dial 911.

For non-emergency situations during the night, holiday, or weekend hours, you may contact the Alamance County Central Communication (336) 570-6777 to request the on call social worker. Reports can also be made by contacting the Burlington Police Department (336) 229-3503 and Graham Police Department (336-570-6711) and the Alamance County Sheriff’s Office (336) 570-6300. These agencies are always open and willing to contact our on-call worker. Our worker will contact you regarding your report.

For more information regarding the North Carolina Division of Social Services, please click here.

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in the following pages was considered correct at the time of publication. Alamance County Department of Social Services and the North Carolina Division of Social Services reserve the right to make changes at any time and without notice, and assumes no liability for damages incurred directly or indirectly as a result of errors, omissions or discrepancies.