Children Services

The Children’s Services Unit of Alamance County Department of Social Services provides the following services:

  • Adoption
  • Child Protective Services
  • Foster Care

If you believe a child is being abused or neglected, it is your legal obligation to report it. Please contact us by calling (336) 229-2908 or (336) 570-6532 or by visiting our office located at 319 N. Graham-Hopedale Road, Burlington, NC 27217. Please ask for the Child Protective Service Intake Worker when making a report. Reports may be made during regular business hours Monday-Friday from 8 am – 5 pm. By law your identity and information will be kept private.

If the situation is an emergency, please dial 911.

For non-emergency situations during the night, holiday, or weekend hours, you may contact the Alamance County Central Communication (336) 570-6777 to request the on call social worker. Reports can also be made by contacting the Burlington Police Department (336) 229-3503 and Graham Police Department (336-570-6711) and the Alamance County Sheriff’s Office (336) 570-6300. These agencies are always open and willing to contact our on-call worker. Our worker will contact you regarding your report.

For more information on Making a Report of Abuse, Neglect, or Dependency, please visit our Making A Report page.

If you would like more information on Our Process of assessing a referral for abuse, neglect, or dependency, please visit Our Process page.

For more information or to learn more about Child Abuse/Neglect or Dependency, please visit the following websites:

Prevent Child Abuse
Child Welfare Information Gateway
Child Abuse Prevention Network