Alamance County Department of Social Services offers a helping hand through our public assistance services. Our Economic Services division partners with individuals and families to achieve success, permanence, and safety. These departments enable families to become self-sufficient, assist families during a crisis and/or enable families to work and meet their basic needs. The following are available to help families with their needs:
- Food and Nutrition Services,
- Family & Children’s Medicaid,
- Work First Family Assistance,
- Adult Medicaid (Private Living Arrangement, Special Assistance and Long-Term Care),
- Child Care
- Work First Employment Services.
- Medical Transportation
Economic Services continues to operate under our current COVID-19 procedures. Staff in this department are not currently conducting face-to-face contact with customers, but will continue to accept applications for Energy Assistance, Food and Nutrition (Food Stamps), Medicaid, Work First, and Special Assistance. Applications can be completed online at www.ePass.nc.gov or by phone at 336-570-6532. Paper applications will continue to be available in our agency or can be mailed per customer request. Click for more information.
Verifications and/or Applications can be returned to our agency by:
- Secured drop box located at the main entrance of Social Services
- Mail to 319 N. Graham Hopedale Road Suite C Burlington, NC 27217.
- Email addresses:
- Fax numbers:
- Energy: 336-228-2021
- Medicaid, Food and Nutrition, Work First, Special Assistance – 336-290-8651
- Childcare: 336-229-2972
- Uploaded on our secured portal located on our website – Alamance-nc.com/dss
Some of our Economic Benefit programs may require an interview. If so, you will be contacted by a case worker.