Representative Payee

When a person is not capable of managing their own money and paying their bills, Social Services may be able to assist them. Payee Services are available to people who  receive  Social Security (SSA), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Veterans Administration (VA) pension benefits and sometimes even public assistance. Often times the Social Security Administration or family and friends may determine that this person needs help in managing their money. The person must be willing to cooperate with Social Services on the managment of their money and if they become unwilling or no longer cooperate with the agency, Social Services may not be able to continue as payee for them.