The Child Support Enforcement Agency can help locate the non-custodial parent who is absent from the home and has a financial obligation to support children. Child support staff use local, state, and federal sources to find a non-custodial parent such as NC Department of Motor Vehicles, NC Employment Security Commission, NC Department of Corrections, NC Vital Statistics, Federal Inmate Locator, Wildlife Commission, Criminal Court dockets, and many more.