How Can You Help?
How Can You Help Prevent Child Abuse?
- Raise awareness of Child Abuse in your community, particularly by wearing a blue ribbon in April.
- Support parents in your community.
- Know the difference between abuse and discipline when raising a child. Discipline helps the children to achieve for themselves and feel proud when they do what is right.
- Explain rules to your child and stick to them.
- Look for signs of abuse.
- If a child should talk to you about being abused themselves, listen carefully and tell the child that you are going to report the abuse so that it can be stopped.
- Most importantly, be a nurturing parent!