Adult Services

The Adult Services units of Social Services provide programs to support adults age 18 and older. We have over 14 programs and services for adults living in our community, whether it is in their home or in an assisted living facility. For more information on these programs please see the links below.

Our mission is to assist, guide, and empower adults to reach their full potential and to maximize their quality of life.

Alamance County Social Services Adult Services unit has two sections:
Adult Care Unit
Adult Services Unit
Our services/programs include:

Adult Care Home Case Management Services

Adult Care Home Licensure

Adult Day Care

Adult Placement Services

Adult Protective Services

Adult Services Intake

At Risk Case Management

Community Alternative Program for Adults(CAP/DA)

Guardianship Services

In-Home Aid Services

Other Services

Representative Payee Services

Services for the Blind (state)

Special Assistance In-Home

For more information regarding facility licensing and their star rating please click here.

Please contact our Adult Service’s Information Line at 336-513-4760 to get more information regarding our programs and services.

According to the Alamance County Department of Social Services, since July 1st, 2008 until today, over 200 reports alleging adult abuse, neglect and exploitation have been made in this county. Of these reports, 115 met the criteria as Adult Protective Services and were accepted for investigation by the Department of Social Services. Abuse or neglect was confirmed in 50% of these cases. Statistical data shows that abuse occurs in approximately 2% of the overall population and that there is significant underreporting of this most serious social issue. With over 24,000 adults over the age of 60 living in Alamance County, this would mean on average that Alamance County would receive 480 reports a year almost twice what was actually reported in our county.

If you have concerns that a disabled and/or elderly adult is being left alone, being pushed and shoved, having their money taken, or is unsafe, please call the Department of Social Services and make an Adult Protective Services referral. To report abuse or neglect of an adult, please place a call our Adult Abuse Hotline at (336) 229-2908 or by visiting our office located at 319. N- Graham-Hopedale Road, Suite C, Burlington, NC 27217.

Night, holiday, and weekend reporting may be made through contact with the Burlington Police Department (336-229-3503) and Graham Police Department (336-570-6711) and the Alamance County Sheriff’s Office (336-570-6300). These agencies are always open and willing to contact our on-call worker. Our worker will contact you regarding your report.

Please visit our Adult Services FAQs page for more information.