MISSION: The Family Justice Center exists to end interpersonal violence through a coordinated response of comprehensive, victim-centered empowerment services organized in a single location.
VISION: The FJC believes in making our community safer and free of violence through promoting healing, hope, and justice.
- Safety-Focused: Improve safety, promote healing, and foster empowerment through trauma-informed services for victims and their children
- Victim-Centered: Provide victim-centered services that promote victim autonomy, respect and confidentiality
- Hope-Centered: Develop a Family Justice Center community that values, affirms, and recognizes the power of hope. Create a warm and welcoming environment that supports staff, volunteers, and clients
- Culturally Responsive: Commitment to the utilization of culturally relevant service approaches based on the needs of our community to remove barriers and make services accessible
- Survivor Driven: Shape services to the needs of clients. Offer survivors a place to belong even after crisis services are no longer necessary
- Transformative: Evaluate and adjust services by including survivors input and evidence-based best practices
- Relationship-Based: Maintain close working relationships among all partner agencies (law enforcement, prosecution, community-based victim service programs, shelters and other social services) through open communication and teamwork
- Prevent and Educate: Engage all communities through outreach, awareness campaigns, professional trainings, and community education
- Offender Accountability: Promote offender accountability through evidence-based justice strategies