BURLINGTON –Alamance County Health Department Health Educator Kelley Kimrey was named the 2014 Asthma Champion on May 7 by the Asthma Alliance of North Carolina.
Kimrey has worked tirelessly to implement numerous asthma initiatives in area schools and the community including:
– Air Quality Awareness Flag Program
– Expanding the Love My Lungs campaign
– Observation of World Asthma Day
– Dissemination of the Asthma Resource Guide to school nurses, community members, and the Alamance Regional Medical Center education department
– Collaboration with area pharmacies to implement the Nebulizer Loan program to assist families in need
– Partnered with the Environmental Health section of the local health department to offer the Healthy Homes Program
– Leads local Safe Kids Coalition
The Asthma Champion Award was created in 2007 to recognize the outstanding efforts of those dedicated to improving the lives of people with asthma in North Carolina.