Effective March 30, 2020, we will be using an interim policy in regards to COVID-19. You can view the policy here.

Our lobby area at 201 W. Elm St., Graham, has limited access in order to minimize risk to employees and ensure adequate service levels for the duration of this health emergency.

Applications for permits can be found here. Please submit applications and plans in PDF format only, we no longer accept paper plans. You can email plans to: planreview@alamance-nc.com. There is also a drop box in our lobby for paper applications, plans on flash drives (no paper plans please), and to pick up permit cards, etc.

All functions in Central Permitting, Building Inspections and the Fire Marshal’s office will continue, however service levels may be reduced due to staffing and access issues. 

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Please Note:

Starting August 1, 2020, we will no longer accept paper plans. All plans must be submitted in PDF format.

Starting April 1, 2020, the main phone number will be 336-290-0404. Please use this phone number for ALL inspections requests and inquiries.

Starting April 1, 2020, ALL inspections requested after 4:00 PM (including online) will be scheduled for the business day after next.

The Alamance County Inspections Department provides building inspections and permitting services for all unincorporated areas of Alamance County as well as the Village of Alamance, and the towns of Elon, Gibsonville, Green Level, Haw River, Swepsonville and Ossipee.

The primary function of the Department is to promote the health, safety and welfare of the citizens of Alamance County, through the enforcement of the North Carolina State Building Code and local ordinances.

Activities include: processing applications, performing plan review, collecting fees, and issuing permits for construction activity regulated through N.C. General Statutes; conducting inspections during various phases of construction of buildings and structures, including the installation of electrical, plumbing and mechanical systems to ensure code compliance; issuing certificates of compliance and occupancy and other related activities as mandated per N.C. General Statutes.

Location:201 West Elm St.
Graham NC, 27253
Phone Number:336-290-0404
Hours of Operation:Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
(Except Holidays)
Permits Issued:8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Contact Us:Click Here for Contact Information