THE ALAMANCE COUNTY INSPECTIONS OFFICE IS OPERATING WITH LIMITED CAPACITY BEGINNING
AUGUST 9, 2021
Due to the impact of renovations to our office the Alamance County Planning and Inspections Offices will not be able to service customers in our lobby. We will have our foyer set up for helping customers that can’t be helped by phone or email. Offices will reopen as soon as possible.
Customers can find answers to many questions, as well as electronically communicate with Planning and Inspections by phone and email. Please feel free to contact our staff at the following number:
- We encourage citizens to utilize telephone, e-mail, and US Mail
- Payment can be made by cash, check, credit or debit card. Payment may be made in person, by mail, or by phone.
The permit office has experienced significant increases in the volume of applications received during the past few months. As a result, review times and permit issuance may be delayed. Please be patient as we try to serve you during this hectic time. We understand that your permit is of utmost importance, and we are working diligently to get it out to you. Please watch for our e-mails and other updates on the Inspections Department website.
The Alamance County Building Inspections Department policies are as follows:
To verify an address is in Alamance County and can be permitted please verify through the Alamance County GIS website
Please submit electronic requests for permits or plan review to email@example.com
- We are using an interim policy to follow COVID-19 protocols.
- Our lobby area at 201 W. Elm St., Graham, has limited access in order to minimize risk to employees and ensure adequate service levels for the duration of this health emergency.
- ALL inspections requested after 4:00 PM (including online) will be scheduled for the business day after next.
- Permits will be issued within 48 hours after Plan Review approval.
- Permit cards and plans must be on site at the time of inspection.
The Alamance County Inspections Department provides building inspections and permitting services for all unincorporated areas of Alamance County as well as the Village of Alamance, and the towns of Elon, Gibsonville, Green Level, Haw River, Swepsonville and Ossipee.
The primary function of the Department is to promote the health, safety and welfare of the citizens of Alamance County, through the enforcement of the North Carolina State Building Code and local ordinances.
Activities include: processing applications, performing plan review, collecting fees, and issuing permits for construction activity regulated through N.C. General Statutes; conducting inspections during various phases of construction of buildings and structures, including the installation of electrical, plumbing and mechanical systems to ensure code compliance; issuing certificates of compliance and occupancy and other related activities as mandated per N.C. General Statutes.
|Location:||201 West Elm St.|
Graham NC, 27253
|Hours of Operation:||Monday – Friday|
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
|Permits Issued:||8:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Contact Us:||Click Here for Contact Information|