Alamance County enacted a Recycling Ordinance in 1992. It mandated all county residents recycle certain items instead of throwing them in the garbage. These items are called “target” recyclables.
Mandatory Target Recyclables are…….
- Plastic Bottles (except Motor Oil & Pesticides bottles)
- Aluminum Cans
- Clear and Brown Glass
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Office Paper (Commercially Generated)
For other recyclable items, please check out “How do I dispose of” section.
- Recycling Convenience Centers
- Recycle Right NC Factsheet
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- NC Recycling Map
- Recycling Drop Off Centers