Click here for more information about current community development programs, including the Abandoned Mobile Home Removal Grant.
- Our Mission
- The Planning Department helps to create and maintain a vision for Alamance County. Our responsibility is to oversee land development, code enforcement, historic property issues, and community development activities in the unincorporated portions of the county.
- We also provide assistance for various grant programs and special projects across the county as needed.
- In order to ensure compliance with regulations and ordinances applicable in our jurisdiction, we are committed to working closely with other county and municipal departments.The Planning Deparment also provides staff support to the Planning Board, Technical Review Committee, Historic Properties Commission and Technical Coordinating Committee.To find out more about the Planning profession, please visit the American Planning Association page.
- We Pledge To:
- Provide professional advice and technical expertise to elected officials, appointed boards and commissions, city departments, and citizens in order to assist in understanding and addressing key community issues and priorities
- Collaborate across boundaries to encourage the most efficient use of public funds and resources
- Maintain policies and procedures that commit to enforcing the ordinances enacted by the Board of CommissionersReflect the highest ethical and professional standards and respect to our customers and the public.
Alamance County Planning Department
201 W. Elm St.
Graham, NC 27253
E-mail: [email protected]
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.