Welcome to Activity Note!
Do you have the motivation to stay active but just can’t think of the right activities to do? Join us for Activity Note, our new “get out and do something” program! We will post two activities each week that will get you and your family out the door doing something active in nature. We’ll introduce you to trails all over the county, help identify plants, birds, and other creatures and help you live a more active lifestyle. Stay tuned!
We want to see your progress! Tag #alamanceparks and #alamanceactivitynote on social media to update us on your activities and awesome nature discoveries.
Week 1 (May 11-15):
- Pack a picnic & enjoy lunch at the park
- Hike at Great Bend Park
Week 2 (May 18-22):
- Visit the Textile Heritage Museum at Glencoe
- Read your favorite book while listening to the rain
Week 3 (May 25-29):
- Grab your jacket & go for a quiet hike in the rain
- Find & identify a bird around your home
Week 4 (June 1-5):
- Visit the waterfall at Cedarock Park
- Hike around Saxapahaw Island River Park