Cedarock Family Campout • Saturday-Sunday October 23-24
Our biannual Family Campout is back this Fall October 23-24. Join us for a fun night under the stars. Alamance Parks invites you to rekindle your love for the outdoors and camping while meeting some new folks. This beginner friendly event is designed to capture the romance and fun of group camping. We’ll provide the food and meal supplies, all we need is you to enjoy it. Bring your kids, roommates, and whoever else you can find.
All ages are welcome. All you need to bring is a tent, something warm to sleep in and something to sit on. The cost is $7.00 per participant ($10 for out-of-county). Each participant is required to register. Here’s what to expect:
- Check in opens at 3:00pm
- We’ll get cooking fires going about 4:30pm
- We’ll provide prepackaged meal kits with 2 hot dogs, roasting sticks, basic condiments, chips, water, and napkins. (If you have food allergies or prefer something else, you are welcome to bring your own food).
- Everybody gets to cook their own hot dog over the fire. Parents, you will need to assist your little ones.
- After dinner, we’ll play some games and relax. Now it’s time for S’mores! We’ll provide everything you’ll need to enjoy this timeless classic in a prepackaged meal kit.
- And there will be plenty of time to let the kids run around while everyone else hangs out around the campfire.
- In the morning we’ll provide a simple breakfast of local donuts, fruit, granola bars, and of course, coffee.
- After breakfast, we’ll take our time to clean up, break camp and let you enjoy the rest of your day. Please have your site cleared by 11:00am.
We will update this list as we get closer and we get information from the Health Department but some of the adjustments we might make are:
– All meals/supplies (dinner, s’mores, & breakfast) will be prepackaged and delivered to each site.
– In order to prevent crowding, there will be a campfire for every 4 tents.
– We ask that you wear a mask anytime you aren’t able to social distance.
– It is the parent/guardian’s discretion to decide if they feel safe for their child to play with others.
– IF YOU/YOUR CHILD DOES NOT FEEL WELL PRIOR THIS EVENT, PLEASE DO NOT COME.
Children and Teens 17 years and under must be accompanied by an adult during the entire campout.
*We love our furry friends but for this event, we think it would be best to leave your dogs at home this time.
If you have any questions, please call Jason Witherspoon at 336-570-6288 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Cedarock Park
4242 R Dean Coleman Rd
Burlington, NC 27215