1955 Gerringer Mill Road
Elon, NC 27244
For Information, Call: 336-229-2410
Shallow Ford Natural Area (park and paddle access) is open every day of the year except for Christmas Day (12/25). Please refer to the yearly hours below:
November – March: 8am-6pm
May – August: 8am-9pm
September – October: 8am-8pm
Gate accesses are locked at closing time. Please do not leave your vehicle parked at a trailhead after the posted closing time.
Park rules are enforced by the Alamance County Sheriff’s Department. In case of emergency call 911.
The following actions are prohibited at all Haw River Trail facilities, including Shallow Ford:
- Smoking, Vaping, and Tobacco use
- Possession or use of alcohol or illegal drugs
- Riding of bikes or horses on trails
- Setting fires outside of fire rings or grills
- Use of motor vehicles outside of parking area
- Littering or defacing of County property
- Possession of weapons in violation of state law
- Solicitation or advertising of any kind
- Failure to have pets on a leash
- Fishing from boat launch area
- Removal of plants or other natural materials
- Camping outside of designated areas
Thank you for helping to keep the park a pleasant, family-friendly experience!