Cedarock Family Campout – May the Forest Be With You!
Our Biannual Family Campout is coming to you this Spring on MAY 4-5. Join us for another fun night under the stars. Alamance Parks invites you to come participate in this highly social campout event. Rekindle your love for the outdoors and camping while meeting some new folks. This beginner friendly event is designed to capture the romance and fun of group camping. We’ll provide the food and entertainment all we need is you to enjoy it. Bring your kids, roommates, and whoever else you can find.
In case you didn’t notice, this year’s campout falls on May the 4th, Star Wars Day! It’s the kind of thing we get excited about! We encourage all the Star Wars fans to have fun with it (costumes and what not). Our staff will provide some Star Wars themed activities for the kiddos (and fun loving adults) as well as a few other surprises. Don’t worry if you are not a fan, it will be the same classic campout (you’ll just get to giggle at us Star Wars geeks).
All ages are welcome. All you need to bring is a tent, something warm to sleep in and something to sit on. Cost is $7.00 per participant. Each participant is required to register. Here’s what to expect:
- Check in opens at 3:00
- We’ll get cooking fires going about 4:30
- We’ll provide hot dogs and hamburgers and basic condiments, chips and waters. (If you have food allergies or prefer something else, you are welcome to bring your own food)
- Everybody gets to cook their own hot dog over the fire. Parents, you will need to assist your little ones. Hamburgers will be cooked on a charcoal grill.
- After dinner we’ll play some games and relax. Now it’s time for S’mores! We’ll provide everything you’ll need to enjoy this timeless classic.
- And they’ll be plenty of time to let the kids run around while everyone else hangs out around the campfire.
- In the morning we’ll provide a simple breakfast of local donuts, fruit, granola bars, and of course, coffee.
- After breakfast, we’ll take our time to clean up, break camp and let you enjoy the rest of your day. Please have your site cleared by 11:00 AM.
**Registration is required. Register online through: RecDesk
If you have any questions, please call Jason Witherspoon at 336-570-6288 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Cedarock Park
4242 R Dean Coleman Rd
Burlington, NC 27215