- …is offered at no charge to residents of Alamance County.
- …is offered for a fee of $15 to non-residents.
- …except for State of North Carolina adoptions, of which are provided at no charge.
- …is payable by cash or card.
- …does not require an appointment.
- …does require government-issued photographic identification.
- …are conducted by machine (“Live-Scan”) and submitted electronically, although physical cards can be printed upon request, particularly for purposes where electronic submission isn’t available.
- …are offered Monday through Friday from 8:00AM to 5:00PM, excluding holidays and special circumstances (such as weather-related events).
Note that the Alamance County Sheriff’s Office will fingerprint for a variety of purposes regardless of any requisite paperwork you may or may not bring with you. Some specific purposes require you to complete additional paperwork so that the state will process your fingerprints. Some of those purposes require the signature of the person fingerprinting you. If this is the case for you, please be sure to bring any necessary paperwork with you and present it so that it can be completed. Importantly, after any/all paperwork is complete, it will be returned to you so that you can to submit it to the appropriate parties yourself. If you do not complete the appropriate paperwork and submit it, the state may not process your fingerprints.