State Internet Access Survey
The State of North Carolina Department of Information Technology is conducting a survey of Internet access throughout the state. You can respond to that survey here: https://ncsu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cBEBegH1gCABRKl
This survey is extremely important as it will help us and the state determine where internet access is still lacking in the county. In order to possibly qualify for federal grants we would need to demonstrate the need to build out access to our more rural communities and this survey is the best possible way to show that need.
If you cannot access the survey online, you may also complete the survey via
- Text message. Simply text “internet” to 919-750-0553. Standard text message rates apply.
- Phone. If you have a landline or cell phone without texting ability, call 919-750-0553 and follow the voice prompts.
The following broadband internet providers are available in Alamance County. Please contact the individual providers to determine if your address is eligible for their service.
The tool on this article may be helpful in helping you identify potential vendors for your home address: https://www.mymove.com/broadband/speeds/dsl-internet/
Wired Internet Providers
Mobile Internet Providers
- AT&T Wireless (MiFi)
- OTR Mobile (Mobile Hotspots)
- Spectrum Free Wifi Hotspots (Community Hotspots)
- Straight Talk (Mobile Hotspots)
- TMobile / Sprint (MiFi)
- Verizon Wireless (MiFi)
Satellite Internet Providers
You can find information on low-income assistance through the USAC Connectivity Program at https://acpbenefit.org/
With the FCC’s Affordable Connectivity Program, you can save on your bill and may be able to get high-speed internet for free.
The following providers have assistance programs for low-income families:
- AT&T: https://about.att.com/pages/COVID-19.html
- Lumen / CenturyLink: https://news.lumen.com/covid-19-faqs
- Spectrum: https://www.spectrum.net/page/covid-19-update/
- TMobile / Sprint:https://www.t-mobile.com/brand/ongoing-updates-covid-19?src=spr&rdpage=en%2Flandings%2Fcovid-19
- Verizon: https://www.verizon.com/support/covid-19-faqs/