Please also note, Mayco Bigelow Center (North Park Community Center), is undergoing driveway improvements to the main entrance driveway on Sharpe Road. The Polling Place and parking lot can still be accessed by using the main entrance driveway on Sharpe Rd or by using the side/rear entrance via Ross Street and North Park Road.
The Mayco Bigelow Center (North Park Community Center) is the polling place for the North Burlington Precinct and is open to voters.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, Nov. 7, 2016
PATRICK GANNON, PIO, NC State Board of Elections
SBE: Election Day Information for Voters
RALEIGH, N.C. – The following are 5 things North Carolina voters should remember as they head to the polls on Election Day, Tuesday, November 8.
1) Polls across North Carolina are open Tuesday from 6:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. Those in line at 7:30 p.m. will be able to cast their ballot. Lines in some locations tend to be longer before and after normal business hours.
2) Same-day registration is not available on Election Day. As of Nov. 5, nearly 6.9 million people were registered to vote in North Carolina.
3) Precinct polling locations and sample ballots are available under “NC Polling Place Search” here or the “NC Public Voter Search” here. About 2,700 precincts will open across North Carolina on Tuesday.
4) Voters who need assistance at the polls must request that assistance. Individuals who are unable to enter the polling place may vote curbside. Once inside the polling place, voters who experience difficulties may alert a poll worker to request help.
5) The State Board of Elections asks that all voters respect the right of others to participate in the election. Intimidating any voter is a crime. Also, please be courteous toward others at the voting place, regardless of differences of opinion, and remain calm at all times. If at any time a voter feels harassed or intimidated at a polling place, the voter should notify an election official immediately.
Election results will begin posting after the close of polls at http://er.ncsbe.gov/.