Now Accepting Applications
Alamance County will kick-off the 2018 Fall County Government Academy on Tuesday, September 11th, 2018. The County Government Academy gives participants a behind the scenes look at the county’s responsibilities and the vital role that county government plays in the community. Join us in learning how your tax dollars are spent!
The academy will run for 10 consecutive Tuesdays from 6:00-8:30pm (the County Landfill session will start at 3:00pm-5:00pm) at various county departments starting on September 1th and will conclude on November 13th.
- September 11th – Orientation, Clerk to the Board, County Manager, & Group Exercise
- September 18th – County Manager, Human Resources, Elections & Group Exercise
- September 25th – Public Safety: Sheriff’s Office, Jail Tour
- October 2nd – Agricultural Services: Cooperative Extension & Soil & Water Conservation
- October 9th – Human Services: Environmental Health, Public Health, and Social Services
- October 16th – Developmental & Technical Services: Inspections, GIS, and Recreation & Parks
- October 23rd – Emergency Services (Part 1): Emergency Management & Central Communications
- October 30th – Emergency Services (Part 2): Fire Marshal & Emergency Medical Services
- November 6th – Solid Waste Management (3:00-5:00pm)*
- November 13th – Geographic Information System, Tax Administration, & Info Technology
- November 19th – Meet & Greet w/ County Commissioners followed by Graduation/Recognition
Class size is limited and academy slots are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Participants are asked to commit to attending every session.