PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Alamance County Board of Commissioners, will hold a Public Hearing on Monday, November 16, 2020 at 7:00p.m.in the Alamance County Historic Courthouse, 1 Court Square, Graham, NC on a proposal to extend economic development incentive grants to Chick-Fil-A. The purpose of this hearing will be to receive comments on the proposed agreement. This notice is published pursuant to N.C.G.S. 158.-7.1.
The health and safety of its residents continues to be the highest priority of Alamance County. Under the Governor’s Executive Order 141 Section 7, governmental operations are exempt from the prohibition on Mass Gatherings. In recognition of the Governor’s Recommendations to Promote Social Distancing and Reduce Transmission, there will be limited seating available. Access to the public hearing is available in the following 3 ways:
1. Our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/AlamanceCountyNC) will display the live commissioners meeting.
2. Our Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/AlamanceCounty/) will have a post to the live commissioners meeting.
3. There will also be a link on the county home page (https://www.alamance-nc.com) above the banner that will say “Click Here to watch Live Commissioners Meeting.”
All interested citizens wishing to comment can do so in the following ways:
Oral Comments – Citizens wishing to make oral comments should plan to attend the public hearing on Monday, November 16, 2020 at 7:00pm. (There will be limited seating available.)
Additionally, persons wishing to submit their public comments orally during the public hearing, may do so by telephone. These persons must provide the Clerk to the Board with their name, and telephone number by calling 336-290-0403 and leaving a message no later than 9:00 P.M. on Sunday, November 15, 2020. Then at the appropriate time during the Commissioners’ meeting on November 16th at 7:00 P.M. the citizen will be called to submit their public hearing comments verbally by phone.
Written Public Hearing Comments – Written public hearing comments regarding the proposal to extend economic development incentive grants to Chick-Fil-A may be submitted on or before 9:00 P.M. on November 15, 2020 using any of the following options:
- Public comment forms are available on the Alamance County website (https://www.alamance-nc.com) and may be submitted online.
- Written comments may be mailed to Tory M. Frink, Clerk to the Board, County of Alamance, North Carolina 124 W. Elm Street, Graham, North Carolina 27253.
This 5th day of November, 2020.
Tory M. Frink, Clerk to the Board
Alamance County Board of Commissioners