Please take notice that the Alamance County Board of County Commissioners will hold a public hearing on Monday, March 1, 2021 at 9:30 AM to consider the following:
1. Moratorium on new Heavy Industrial Development Applications in the Area Defined as Snow Camp Small Area
The public hearing will be held in the Commissioners’ Meeting Room located on the 2nd floor of the Alamance County Office Building, 124 West Elm Street, Graham NC 27253.
Public Access – The health and safety of its residents continues to be the highest priority of Alamance County. Under the Governor’s Executive Order 141 Section 7, governmental operations are exempt from the prohibition on Mass Gatherings. However, in order to follow the Governor’s Recommendations to Promote Social Distancing and Reduce Transmission, there is no meeting place where members of the public can safely be physically present. In order to ensure the health and safety of the Board, staff and general public, access to the regular meeting is available in the following 3 ways:
1. Our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/AlamanceCountyNC) will display the live commissioners meeting.
2. Our Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/AlamanceCounty/) will have a post to the live commissioners meeting.
3. There will also be a link on the county home page (https://www.alamance-nc.com/) above the banner that will say “Click Here to watch Live Commissioners Meeting.”
Written Public Hearing Comments – Written public hearing comments regarding the moratorium may be submitted on or before 9:00 P.M. on February 28, 2021 using any of the following options:
1. Public comment forms are available on the Alamance County website (https://www.alamance-nc.com) and may be submitted online.
2. Written comments may be emailed to Tory M. Frink, Clerk to the Board, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Written comments may be mailed to Tory M. Frink, Clerk to the Board, at Tory M. Frink, Clerk to the Board, County of Alamance, North Carolina 124 W. Elm Street, Graham, North Carolina 27253.
Oral Public Comments – Additionally, persons wishing to submit their public hearing comments orally during the meeting, may do so by telephone. These persons should call 336-290-8677 at 9:30 A.M. on the morning of the meeting. Please be patient and stay on the line as your call will be answered in the order it was received. At the appropriate time during the Commissioners’ meeting on March 1st at 9:30 A.M. the citizen will be connected to the meeting to submit their public hearing comments verbally by phone. Please know that your time to give public hearing comments will be limited to no more than 5 minutes.
If any disabled person has a special request for a hearing interpreter or other assistance, please contact the ADA Coordinator at (336) 228-1312 TDD 570-6326.