Moving to any new place can be a challenge. To ease this transition, we’d like to help you find some of the information you need when you move to our area.

Depending on where you move to, you may need to contact one of the following companies for electricity service.

Duke Energy Company 800-777-9898
Piedmont Electric Membership Corporation 800-222-3107


Waste Collection
Waste service around the county is handled differently, depending on your municipality or area of service.  For information about your waste collection service area, please call the Alamance County Landfill at 336-376-8902.

Natural Gas
You may need to contact one of the following companies for natural gas service.

Piedmont Natural Gas Co 800-752-7504
Public Service Gas Co. 877-776-2427

Telephone service is available from the following companies:

Bell South / AT&T 800-767-2355
MebTel / CenturyTel 919-563-9111
Time-Warner Cable 336-584-1383

Municipal water service is provided by the following municipal systems:

City of Burlington 336-222-5100
City of Elon 336-584-4828
City of Graham 336-570-6700
Town of Haw River 336-578-0784
Orange – Alamance Water System 919-563-6212

If you do not have access to municipal water and need to dig a well or have septic service installed, you can contact the Alamance County Environmental Health Department for more information on companies that can provide this service for you.

Cable TV
Much of Alamance County is served by Time Warner Cable.

Burlington 336-584-1383
Mebane 919-563-2288