Now Accepting Applications
Alamance County will kick-off the 2020 Spring County Government Academy on Tuesday, March 10th , 2020. The County Government Academy gives participants a behind the scenes look at the county’s responsibilities and the vital role that county government plays in the community. Join us in learning how your tax dollars are spent!
The academy will run for 10 consecutive Tuesdays from 6:00-8:30pm (the County Landfill & Airport tour sessions will start at 3:00pm-5:00pm) at various county departments starting on March 10 th and concluding on May 12th . March 10th – Orientation, Clerk to the Board, County Manager, & Group Exercise March 17th – Sheriff’s Office, CSI/CSI Exercise March 24th –GIS, Environmental Health, Public Health, Department of Social Services March 31th –Burlington-Alamance Airport Tour (3:00-5:00pm)
- April 7th – Textile Heritage Museum, Inspections, Recreation & Parks, Library, Information Technology
- April 14th –Register of Deeds, Veteran Services, Planning, Tax Administration
- April 21rd – Emergency Management, Central Communications (Part 1)
- April 28th – Fire Marshal, Emergency Medical Services (Part 2)
- May 5th –Cooperative Extension, Soil & Water Conservation, Food Sciences Cooking Demo
- May 12th – Solid Waste Management (3:00-5:00pm)*
- June 15th – Meet & Greet w/ County Commissioners followed by Graduation/Recognition
Class size is limited and academy slots are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Participants are asked to commit to attending every session.