As of 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 18, the Alamance County Public Libraries will be closed to the public. This decision was made due to the nature of the library as a gathering point for the community as well as recommendations to practice social distancing.
While closed, libraries will be instituting a new curbside service beginning Monday, March 23 at three of the main library locations (May Memorial, Graham, and Mebane libraries). The North Park Library, inside the Mayco-Bigelow Community Center, is closed per a City of Burlington mandate.
This new curbside service will adhere to the following guidelines:
- Patrons may place items on hold via phone and the website
- Once items have been pulled, you will be notified by text, email, or phone (whichever you have chosen)
- Patrons should call the library when they arrive outside the designated doors
- Mebane Public Library: staff entrance on the right-hand side of the building
- Graham Public Library: staff entrance on the right-hand side of the building near the Graham Police Department
- May Memorial Library: the entrance to the right of the front doors near the carousel horse
- Items may be picked up Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Be prepared to show your library card or photo I.D. when picking up items
- Late fees are being suspended until the libraries reopens
- Please do not use this service if you think you are sick