Alamance County Coronavirus Hotline: 336-290-0361
Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm
Food, Housing, or Essential Services Assistance: 211
NC Coronavirus Hotline: 866-462-3821
General COVID-19 Information
- Centers for Disease Control COVID-19 Page
- NC DHHS COVID 19 Information
- NC DHHS Case Count in North Carolina (with map)
- Information for People at Higher Risk for Serious Illness
- What to do if you get sick
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Alamance County Government COVID-19 News
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- CDC Vaccine Information for Consumers
- NC DHHS Vaccine Information
- NC DHHS Vaccination Dashboard (Includes number of vaccines distributed)
County Closings, Cancellations, and Other Information
Alamance-Burlington School System
Board of Elections
- Board of Elections Offices closed to the public. Election information and voter registration information will be provided by phone, online, and through email.
County Courts Information
Alamance Courts COVID-19 Screening Questions
All Courts have been open and will be expanding on Monday 6/1/20202
Social distancing is required inside and outside the Court facilities. Face Masks are recommended but not required.
1. Plaintiffs, Defendants and alleged Victims will be allowed inside the Court Buildings.
2. Due to limited space: Witnesses, friends and family will be required to wait outside or in their vehicles until the case is called for hearing. The Judge must be informed by the Attorney, Plaintiff, or Defendant if they request a person be allowed in the Court Room at the time of hearing.
3. Criminal District Court starts at 9:00 a.m. each day. Criminal Superior Court starts at 10:00 a.m. on Mondays and at 9:30 a.m. Tuesdays through Fridays.
4. Defendants who DO NOT have an Attorney are required to be in Criminal District Court at 9:00 a.m.
5. Defendants who have an Attorney in District/Superior Criminal Court should contact their Attorney to determine the time and Court Building to appear. Defendants will not be allowed inside until their scheduled time.
6. Criminal Cases are scheduled to be heard in the J.B. Allen Jr. Criminal Court Building or at the Historic Court Building in Court Square depending on which docket the Defendant’s case is listed.
7. Criminal Dockets will be posted outside of the J.B. Allen Jr. Criminal Court Building to direct Defendants to the proper Court Building and time to appear.
8. Civil Superior Court, Domestic Violence (50B), Juvenile Delinquency, DSS (Department of Social Services), Civil District Court Motions/Trials and Child Support cases will all be conducted at the Alamance County Civil Court Annex Building on their regularly scheduled days and times. There will be scheduled times for hearing these matters to ensure proper social distancing.
County Sheriff’s Office and Detention Center
- Sheriff’s Office Lobby: Front lobby closed; Sheriff’s Office remains open
- Alamance County Detention Center Visitation – Restricted to persons on official business only
- Limited Animal Control Services Intake – Non-essential or non-emergency animal intake will be deferred
- Cooperative Extension: Click to view all events that are canceled
DSS – Department of Social Services
- Economic Services will no longer conduct face-to-face contact with customers, but will continue to accept applications for Food and Nutrition (Food Stamps), Medicaid, and Work First benefits. Applications can be completed online at www.ePass.nc.gov or by phone at 336-570-6532. Paper applications will continue to be available in our agency or can be mailed per customer request. Click for more information.
Fire Marshal’s Office
- All general fire inspections/re-inspections suspended until further notice
- Inspections Office: Open 8am-5pm; Please dial the main number for ALL inspections requests and inquiries at 336-290-0404.
- ALL inspections requested after 4:00 PM (including online) will be scheduled for the business day
- Libraries closed until further notice; curbside service available
- Virtual library programs still available – please check the Alamance Libraries website
- Alamance Parks Offices, Visitor Centers, bathroom facilities, and playground equipment are closed to the public. Please contact 336-229-2410 or email email@example.com with questions
- Parks programming suspended including Special Olympic activies, open gym, and fitness centers
- Parks outdoor facilities including hiking trails, walking tracks, and other outdoor amenities remain open.
- Planning Department: Open 8am-5pm with limited staffing
Register of Deeds
Soil and Water
- Soil and Water Voluntary Agricultural District: Open 8am-5pm with limited staffing
- Alamance County Tax Office – closed to the public until further notice. Tax services will be provided by phone and email. All payments will continue to be processed by mail, drop-box, online, and by phone.
- Walk-in hours and new appointments have been suspended
General County Information
- Employee County Gym is closed until further notice
- When possible, customers are asked to use the county websites, phone calls, and digital communications for their needs.
Other Local Government and Organization COVID-19 Pages
- Alamance-Burlington School System
- Alamance Community College
- City of Burlington Coronavirus Updates
- City of Graham Coronavirus Updates
- Cone Health
- Elon University Coronavirus Updates
- Town of Elon Coronavirus Updates
- Town of Haw River
- Haw River Fire Department
- Alamance Chamber – Business Community Updates
- CrossRoads: Normal hours, however only seeing only seeing clients with an emergent need for service
- Eviction COVID-19 Resources or in Spanish
- Family Abuse Services: Tele-services available. Crisis services will continue to have 24/7 access to an advocate.
- Friendship Adult Day Service: Closed until further notice
- Food Pantries / Served Meals
- NC Works Career Center: Closed to the public. Services will be offered via phone and email with the option of scheduling appointments as needed
- Open Door Clinic: Not taking new patients unless for a chronic condition that cannot wait.
- RHA Health Services: Open 8am-8pm/Monday-Friday
- Small Business Loan Information
- United Way Community Resources